The Big Bold 3D Title Pack
This pack uses bright bold colors, big chunky letters, and lots of lighting to make lots of shadows. There’s text that moves in circles, text that drops, lights that flicker on in more than one style, and cameras that bob and weave. It’s flexible too — the animations can be completely customised, as can the lighting strength, color and more.
The Big Bold 3D Title Pack is for sale now in two parts, Volume 1 and Volume 2, through VFXmarket.com.
The Big Bold 3D Title Pack, Volume 1:
The Big Bold 3D Title Pack, Volume 2:
Here's the downloadable iBooks-based guide to both Volumes of the Big Bold 3D Title Pack, including tips, tricks, screenshots and examples.
An important note on performance:
- Complex titles, especially 3D titles with complex shadows, can be slow to play or render, even on a powerful Mac.
- While they are usually still quick to skim through, please render complex titles before trying to export or play them, or you could experience long export times or choppy playback.
- For best results with complex titles, disable Background Rendering in Preferences, in the Playback pane.
- When all the settings are correct, select a title and press Control-R to render it.
- For titles you want to use in multiple projects, consider exporting the title alone to a ProRes file and re-importing it, to avoid rendering it each time.
Volume 1 titles include:
- 3D Fly-By — Five Words
- 3D Fly-By — Three Lines
- The camera flies past five words or three lines of text in turn. Note that each line of text can be moved and rotated in 3D space (using the standard 3D text controls) and the camera still flies around to meet it. You can produce some amazing effects if you play with this one!
- 3D Light Boxes
- Similar to the 3D Flicker On title, but suspended in front of a wall, with no floor, and a simpler default camera movement.
- 3D Scramble
- A single line of text moves in, hangs around briefly, then breaks apart into separate letters that drift away.
- 3D Shadow Movement
- A fixed line of 3D text and a single line of 2D text above it.
- 3D Shadow Pass — One Line
- 3D Shadow Pass — Three Lines
- One line or three lines of text fly into shot while shadows move around them.
- 3D Single Line Random Float
- A single line of text hovers and floats above a surface, with moving shadows.
- 3D Single Line Slow Move
- A single line of static text hovers above a surface, with a camera that slowly dollies in.
Volume 2 titles include:
- 3D Curved Text Inside
- 3D Curved Text Outside
- These two titles include text that curves around a circle. Because of the way they have to be built, you may need to double-click near the bottom of each line of text to edit it. Be sure to adjust the End Offset of the text to set the final position, and note that there is a dedicated Vertical Position parameter.
- 3D Environment
- This title moves and sweeps a camera in to focus on two lines of 3D text in a lit-up space. Elegant and useful.
- 3D Fall Down
- This title drops two lines of text while the camera pans down to see the finished effect.
- 3D Flicker On
- Two lines of text flicker on randomly, letter by letter. Includes reflections and shadows.
- 3D Punch Out — One Line
- 3D Punch Out — Two Lines
- One or two lines of text push through a gradient background plate, with plenty of moving lights and shadows.
- 3D Push Through — Three Lines
- 3D Push Through — Two Lines
- Two or three lines of text push through stone, casting shadows from the sides, with a subtle movement.