Here, you'll find a variety of different formats you can try with your system, for free. If you like them, please take them and use them. An attribution is required if used in a production that has credits.
- "Motion graphics: Iain Anderson / motionally.com".
Samples are of the Template "3D Projection", previewed here:
Sample Motion Templates (strongly recommended for Final Cut Pro; also install the font linked below)
- 3D Projection, HD 1080i50 (25fps interlaced, upper field first)
- 3D Projection, HD 1080i60 (29.97fps interlaced, upper field first)
- 3D Projection, HD 1080p25 (25fps progressive)
- 3D Projection, HD 1080p30 (29.97fps progressive)
- 3D Projection, HD 720p25 (25fps progressive)
- 3D Projection, HD 720p30 (29.97fps progressive)
Sample QuickTime Movies (for non-Final Cut Pro systems; do not use these with Final Cut Pro)
These movies use the Animation codec with Alpha channel. On Avid, be sure to Invert Alpha as you import. Alpha channel is premultiplied with Black. Due to their large size, these files are shorter (150 frames) than normal, but should be enough to test with. Yes, these movies are all progressive scan, which should be OK for most purposes (but not for credit scrolls/crawls).